Monday, December 1, 2008

giving thanks

Since Michael and I did not to head to our families this Thanksgiving we decided to host a little Thanksgiving dinner at our place. A few of our close friends came over for the feast that Michael and I prepared. I was so excited about Michael and I’s dinner a few weeks ahead of time I decided to make a table setting, with last minute attendees I had to finish up three extra settings the day off admist the cooking and I did it just in time. I even was able to rest and get ready for the event! Now that never happens, thank goodness for my wonderful man Satyavan *don’t be confused he goes by Michael.
So here is the table setting that I put together. I placed bird or tree appliques on the table cloth, place mats as well as on the cloth napkins. Each person had a little name card I photoshopped to look like the napkins I made. The floral arrangement was inspired by Martha Stewart, she had a great video for mums and I couldn’t resist! I had to use lots of candles by Vance Kitira ofcourse..and the setting was complete by Fire and Light candle holders and glasses.

I was going to use our dishware and then decided I didn’t want to do the clean up so used the nifty biodegradable/compostable plates. I didn’t regret that choice. And surprisingly everyone loved the name cards and wanted to take them home. Thanks for reading and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving….and now we are onward to Christmas! Can't wait to post the recent projects from the after thanksgiving push towards a merry home!

1 comment:

little bachu said...

Love these creations!! Even better than martha's. It has inspired me to try and make one of these cards!!
All my best.
Check out my creations too: www.littlebachu.etsy.com
www.littlebachu.blogspot.com
Keep the cards coming!