Monday, December 15, 2008

the baby sheep pattern..

I was thinking, hoping, wishing for something to jump at me to craft for my little niece Kayda and I finally found it from this great blogger harugurumi. It is the cutest crochet pattern for a sleeping sheep and it was so fun to make. She recommended a fuzzy yarn so I found some really great vintage mohair yarn and mixed it with some organic cotton yarn for the head. The second skein of mohair was much thicker so I used that as the body. Instead of grey I found this beautiful lilac peruvian wool and used that for the cutie's appendages. It turned out so cute! I am thinking of repositioning her eyes but haven't had a chance yet.
I lined the body within with some organic cotton fabric stuffed with organic kapok, sewed it all together with matching Valdali embordery thread and voila!


2 comments:

mames said...

you, you sneaky little amazing freaking wonderful sister that makes things that make my jaw drop and wish i had 70 more hours in the day so I could be like you.

I am in awe...total awe. I cannot wait to out you on my blog. the projects are amazing, the stockings are great, the whole blog makes me so happy. I cannot wait for more.

um, where is my cowl, huh?

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! I love the sleeping eyes:)