Friday, March 6, 2009

Embroidery I'm bored already

Just joking there, I don't think I could ever be bored by this lovely form of decoration. My goal this weekend is to finish the dinner sets I have prepped and ready for completion. I decided to add this to the inventory of sewn items I will be selling as I get really excited about them, who doesn't love a little decor at the dinner table? :)
So here is a sample of the product, I finished two sets but I hope to have a huge amount of them by Sunday eve. Each set consists of four reversible, embroidered placemats and four organic cotton napkins (which I will add matching binding to). Lately each evening I have been drawing cute little flower pods and such for embroidery design, so I am excited to see how they turn out once i start the stitching.
My wonderful girlfriend, an amazing crafter, gave me the greatest book before she left to meet her man, who's pursuing his MD on the caribbean island of Dominica (yes i am incredibly jealous :), named The New Crewel by Katherine Shaughnassy. It is a book about crewel embroidery (e.g., wool thread on linen) and it has an entire breakdown of embroidery stitches, tips, and projects. It has the cutest designs that are very contemp and hip which I have been so inspired by. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes hand-embroidery. Thanks Jess!
Well it is my rule to stay away from computers all weekend so come Monday we will see how productive I can be :)
Wish me luck!
Emmy B

1 comment:

mames said...

so wonderful...i am embroidering right now too. heck out wee wonderfuls blog, she is a doll/stitch crafter and her stuff is adorable. on monday, of course, since you are taking a blog break. loves. mames