Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Spools in Order

Well, with the change in weather and the darkness settling around us earlier I decided to do some much needed organizing. I find myself more often trying to fit my projects into a basket which I take downstairs to work alongside my boyfriend with the tele going more often than naught. Having a functional sewing room is pointless if I decide not to use it, so with that in mind I took a hard look at the mess I had created and thought to myself “no wonder I don’t work up here!”

Fortified with a 16oz double-shot Americano, with room for cream of course, I decided to get my space put together. I have to say it was more fun than I had thought it would be with the little finds of fabric and notions shouting out to be noticed and not forgotten. I have more ideas to put into play but the act of organization was so cleansing I instantly wanted to create.
I realized I won’t have to use my JoAnn’s 40% off coupon this week nor do I need to hit up my local fabric shop filled with Amy Butler and Alexander Henry delights, I have tons of projects to do and textile to use before I hit up my current drug of choice, fabric.
I am not kidding when I said it was a mess…


But it was a much better space when I finished!



I am not showing the cabinets I have filled with fabric as that is a work in progress but progress is progress right? ;)

No comments: